Substitute Position - Creighton SD
The Substitute position with ESI is a staffed employment opportunity in partnership with Creighton School District. All duties will be performed at the school location(s), but ESI assumes the employer of record responsibility.
The Substitute Teacher must exhibit the qualities of a competent, responsible leader who can function as a full-fledged member of the regular faculty team. Maintain the same ethical standards as our professional teaching staff.
Educational Services, Inc. is the leader in educational staffing solutions. ESI began in 1999 as a modest, one-district operation in Arizona. Since then, we’ve grown to become a trusted employee staffing solution for school districts, cities and colleges, while remaining a privately owned company.
Employers turn to us to retain the right talent for any given position, while saving them time and minimizing their HR costs. We’ve amassed unparalleled experience in designing programs that give the employer ultimate control and provide a win-win solution for staffed employees.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate (if applicable for the position)
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to the building assistant principal, office manager, or educational secretary upon arrival at the school building.
- Review with the assistant principal, department head, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Teach the lesson outlined and described by the absent teacher.
- Consult as appropriate with principal, department head, or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch hour and recess periods.
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This organization believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited to assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to define primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but should not limit either the incumbent or the organization to the work identified. It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the District’s Strategic Plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform the jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
Ability to read andcomprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability tospeak effectively with other employees and/or students in English.
Ability to add andsubtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
Ability to apply simpleunderstanding to carry out detailed but basic written and/or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a variety of concrete variables instandardized situations. Ability tosolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables insituations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to work in a friendly manner and maintaineffective working relationships with staff and the community. Ability toperform duties with awareness of all district requirements and board policies.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, stoop, talk and hear. The employee frequently works in an outside weather conditions and may be exposed to airborne particles and body fluids.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Guest teachers are evaluated through the guest teacher website.
Any employee who engages in misconduct may be subject to the following disciplinary actions:
- Verbal or written warning
- Written reprimand
- Suspension with or without pay Dismissal
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position.